Singer Demi Lovato found unconscious due to overdose

Almost a month after revealing she had relapsed, the pop star, 25, was hospitalized following an overdose on Tuesday. in which the singer was found unconcius and was revived by her friends who had Narcan, a medicine used to revert the effects of strong drugs.
Lovato has battled addiction, mental illness and disordered eating for years. In 2010 she entered a Chicago-area rehab facility, where she was treated for bipolar disorder, bulimia, self-harm and addiction. She relapsed after she left the treatment center, then entered a sober living facility for a year.
This March, the former Disney star revealed she had celebrated six years of sobriety. But in April rumors of a relapse swirled, and on June 21, Lovato confirmed she had fallen off the wagon in “Sober,” a heartbreaking ballad about her recent relapse.
What is your opinion when it comes to drug adduction? Do you think someone can recover completely and be able to never fall into the temptation again?

Comentarios

  1. I once read that when someone becomes addicted to something (drugs, alcohol, etc), he or she becomes an addict forever even if they join a rehab treatment. I do believe that someone who is an addict can get better but unfortunately he or she will always be an addict. I admire demi and always have, I hope she gets out of this hole just as she got out a couple years ago when she started her addiction.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I’ve always liked Demi Lovato as an artist, I remember as a child having her albums and watching all her movies in Disney Channel. When I heard the news that Demi had an overdose I was broken, I already knew she had a problem with drugs back in the day but I had faith she had started a new life and had hope that she wouldn’t fall again. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not disapointed at her but I really had hope that she wouldn’t consume again. Now I know she is in the hospital with her family and that is all she needs right now, love and supoort. As a fan I also support her, knowing she will get through this as she has done before.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I am so sad about Demi’s relapse, I hope she gets well soon. Hopefully she can keep on with her sobriety and become even stronger than she was before. Drug addiction is something that is very important now a days because it is very easy to fall into it. It is very important to stay safe and not to fall in addiction.

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Regarding Demi's addiction to drugs, she told publicly that she was able a few years ago to come out from a drug addiction crisis. This new overdosis recently suffered is a clear example that drugs are complex to handle and difficult to control addiction

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario

Entradas populares de este blog

"Intentional" fire at storage in Maipu

World Cup: Most important and viewed sports tournament